GLOBAL TIE UPS
NATIONALITIES ON CAMPUS
Welcome to School of Basic and Applied Sciences
Message from Dr. Ram Krishna Thakur, Dean
To be a premier research-intensive School through innovative education, leading-edge interdisciplinary research, entrepreneurship and internationalization. The School develops the knowledge, talent and leadership to understand the changing nature of the universe and deploy scientific strength to benefit the region, country and world for wealth creation and social welfare.
In pursuit of our vision, the School endeavours:
- To provide comprehensive multidisciplinary education and training, benchmarked against the highest international standards in an environment of fundamental and applied research, and educate the broader public in the science.
- To nurture students to think broadly, deeply and critically,
and prepare thought leaders who will play leading roles in their chosen careers; in academia, industry and the professions in the ever-changing global landscape.
- To collaborate with leading Institutes/Industries and to facilitate interaction with eminent scientists, professionals, social activists and leadersof National/International repute for imparting education, cutting-edge research and internship opportunities.
- To develop a friendly, flexible, pluralistic and compassionate intellectual environment that inspires and attracts, retains and nurtures students, scholars and faculty members of the highest caliber in an amicable culture that fosters creativity, learning and freedom of thought, enquiry and expression.
- To integrate, synthesize in innovative, high-impact and leading-edge research within and across disciplines, and apply scientific knowledge to societal problems such as the sustainable use of energy, food and water.
- To be fully accountable for the effective management of public and private resources bestowed upon the school and act in partnership with the community over the generation, dissemination and application of knowledge for social welfare.