School of Basic and Applied Sciences (SoBAS), GD Goenka University conducts range of outreach activities at schools of Haryana and neighbouring states, with the idea to connect prospective students with SoBAS, create awareness and generate excitement about various programs to help students reach their educational and career goals.
We conduct interaction programs for students with faculty members as one-day seminar. This program is aimed at enabling the students to interact with the faculty members of SoBAS with a view to improve their scientific knowledge. A tour of various laboratories that SoBAS houses is also arranged. This helps the student in understanding and appreciating the role of practical work in complementing their theoretical study.
Faculty and our students also conduct outreach programs at various schools to nurture scientific thinking and research skills among children at the school level.
Under outreach activities, SoBAS also invites school teachers to participate in workshops where they are able to learn effective strategies to engage students in science.
The goals of conducting outreach activities are three-fold.
• Provide timely information about SoBAS, its policies, procedures for admissions and enrolment.
• Provide support, assistance, guidance and resources for potential and current school students to meet their higher education aspirations.
• Educate the community about SoBAS and its programs and benefits through presentations, personal contact and mailings.
The school also arranges frequent outreach programs to address public understanding of the local and national issues, concerns, solutions and options.
We would be glad to host your school students and give them a tour of SoBAS, GDGU.
If you would like we can visit your school and talk about various opportunities available in basic and applied sciences as well. We would be excited to do so!
Several other outreach programs being taken at School are
• Teaching programs for children in rural areas
• Blood Donation Camps
• Organizing lectures, workshops, experimental demonstrations at schools
• Inviting school students for lab visits and hand on experience
• Visits to orphanages/ old age homes
• Plantation drives