Dr. Naresh M. Chadha
Professor in Mathematics
0124-3315900 Ext. 4057
|Qualification:||Ph.D. Mathematics, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Limerick, Ireland.
M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics), Department of Mathematics, IIT Roorkee, Roorkee
|Teaching Experience||21 years (Teaching in India and in Ireland)|
|Research Experience||15 years (Including 3.6 Years Post-doc Fellow, National University of Ireland Galway, Ireland.)|
|Honours/Awards||· Was offered full funding to pursue Ph.D. in University of Limerick, Ireland. The project was funded by Science Foundation of Ireland (SFI).
· Was offered Post-doctoral Research Fellowship by National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland. The project was fully funded by SFI.
· Recipient of the Royal Irish Academy Postdoctoral Mobility Grant 2010-Ireland to visit RICAM, Austria.
· Qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET) for teaching and fellowship for research, conducted by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) – Dec 95 and Dec 01.
· Qualified the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) – Mar 95 (all India 26th rank), Mar 96 (all India 28th rank) and Mar 02 (all India 25th rank).
|Research Interests||Adaptive mesh methods for singularly perturbed differential equations; Mesh generation (unstructured, in particular); Meshfree collocation methods based on radial basis functions; a posteriori error estimation; and Mathematical modeling of real world problems.|
|Teaching Interests||Numerical Analysis; Scientific Computing; Engineering Mathematics; Numerical Linear Algebra; MATLAB|
|Subject taught in last Five Years||Engineering Mathematics I, II; Numerical Methods (B.Sc) and Numerical Analysis (MSc); Practical introduction to MATLAB; Scientific Computing with MATLAB; Numerical Solution of Differential Equations; Ordinary Differential Equations; Applied Mathematics|
|Publications (Best 5)||Representative Publications
1. N. M. Chadha & N. Kopteva, A robust grid equidistribution method for a one-dimensional singularly perturbed semilinear reaction-diffusion problem, IMA J. Numer. Anal., 2011 31: 188-211. (Impact Factor 1.698)
2. N. M. Chadha & N. Kopteva, Maximum norm a posteriori error estimate for a 3d singularly perturbed semilinear reaction-diffusion problem, Adv. Comput. Math., (2010); doi: 10.1007/s10444-010-9163-2 (published online 1 June 2010). (Impact Factor 1.487)
3. N. M. Chadha & N. Madden, A two-weight scheme for a time-dependent advection-diffusion problem, in Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Springer Publications, 2011.
4. Naresh M. Chadha, Niall Madden, An optimal time-stepping algorithm for unsteady advection-diffusion problems, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Volume 294, 1 March 2016, Pages 57-77 (Impact Factor 1.266)
Presentations in International Conferences
5. A robust r-adaptive method for a 1D reaction-diffusion problem. (with N. Kopteva). 6th Annual workshop on Numerical Methods for Problems with Layer Phenomenon, University of Limerick, Ireland, Feb-07.
6. A robust r-adaptive method for a singularly perturbed 1D reaction diffusion problem. (with N. Kopteva) 22nd Biennial Conference on Numerical Analysis, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, June-07.
7. Maximum norm a posteriori error estimate for a 3D singularly perturbed semilinear reaction diffusion problem. (with N. Kopteva) International Conference BAIL 2008 Boundary and Interior Layers – Computational & Asymptotic Methods, University of Limerick, Ireland, July 28 – August 1, 2008.
8. Analysis of Adaptive Mesh Construction Applied to Singularly Perturbed Differential Equations: An Overview. School of Mathematics, Statistics, and Applied Mathematics, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland, Jan-09.
9. Numerical solution of a time dependent advection-diffusion problem. (with N. Madden) 23rd Biennial Conference on Numerical Analysis, Strathclyde University, UK, June 2009.
10. Adaptive mesh construction for a class of singularly perturbed differential equations. Johann Radon Institute for Computational and Applied Mathematics (RICAM), Linz, Austria, April-2010.
11. An optimal time-stepping for a time-dependent convection-diffusion problem. (with N. Madden) International Conference BAIL 2010 Boundary and Interior Layers – Computational & Asymptotic Methods, Zaragoza, Spain, July 2010.
12. Computational study to design a novel algorithm for solving advection-dominated time-dependent advection diffusion problem. International Conference on “Mathematical Modelling, Differential Equations, Scientific Computation and Applications”, IIT Kanpur, Kanpur from March, 27- 29th 2016. (Invited talk)
13. Invited to chair a session in an International Conference on the occasion of Silver Jubilee of ISIAM, Sharda University, Greater Noida, Jan, 29-31st 2016.
14. Invited talk and Session Chair in International Conference on current trends in Theoretical and Computational Differential Equations with Applications, South Asian University, New Delhi, Dec 01-05, 2017.